It started out on Friday night as most weekends do. I was home with the girls watching some DVDs of their choice while Geof was rescuing the city with Cnstbl T-roy. A ride-along that brought him home at 5 in the morning, just before one of the more exciting events of the "night." It was an eye-opening time for him, experiencing how the world lives.
Saturday was pretty much of a bust - I did absolutely nothing of useful report. I spend too much time thinking about the packing than doing the packing. That evening was worship practice and then home to re-do family night from Friday since Geof missed it the night before.
Today - there was church, of course. It was our last time that we will be involved in the worship ministry at Arnold Community Church. We're putting down the sticks. Unplugging the keyboard. Handing over the mikes . . . I'm not sure it feels very real yet. But we have an awesome team - even if we don't sing the "great hymns of our faith." And we will miss being a part of it.
Lunch was at the Ron-dos-voos, as Geof likes to say it, with the Kneebones. Pretty much a traditional Sunday occurrence, especially if they are both in church that Sunday. We'll miss that too!
Exciting stuff for the girls - we went to pick out our Beagle puppy! I suggested Geof help them make the decision - if it were up to me, I would have probably picked the little docile one stuck napping in the corner. It reminded me of me. The girls made a great choice though in picking a little female puppy that kept on standing up and seeking their attention. A dog that will be interested in playing with them will be a good thing.
Our old neighbours had invited us over for supper - and the girls loved getting reacquainted with Marissa. Though she is already 12, when she lived right beside us, the girls hung around with her quite a bit last year before they moved in the fall. Rob and Deb and us played Mexican train, which they said is quite a hoot if played with shooters - then everytime you can't play a piece, you get a shooter. What's the point of winning?
Sunday, 10 June 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Jenny!!! This is fabulous!! I'm so glad you're on. I'll be keeping up on your updates for sure. :)
Also, i want a beagle puppy...quite badly actually. All sorts of newness for the fam. :)
(see you in devotions)
Hey Ransom!
The place we're getting our beagle has 7 more! If you want the name, let me know
OK< looks beauty, eh?
Me
Post a Comment