Sunday, 24 June 2007

The countdown is on

Dare I call it a countdown? Do I really want to count down to the day of our departure?

Counting down does not serve as any kind of motivation to complete the tasks ahead of me. It only makes me realize how little time there is. Counting down does not induce excitement in for what lies ahead. It just brings sadness in what is left behind.

I think I'd rather count up. It seems a more positive approach.

Count up to new adventures, count up to new opportunities, count up to where God has so clearly led us, odd though that may seem. Almost four years ago, the doors blew open to bring us here, and now He's leading us away. He is wonderfully mysterious.

Hmmm. Count down six more nights to leaving our friendships, our church, our work. Or count up six more nights to renewing old friendships, getting involved in a new church, being part of a job that brings with it much missional possibilities for Geof while I can be a stay-at-home mom.

What we physically leave behind does not mean an end to those things. It means the beginning of a difference in those things. As they have been in our present, they will always be in our hearts and in our futures.

The countup is on.

No comments: