Monday, 11 June 2007

Focusing on Farewells

I guess this will be the way of it for the next couple of weeks. One goodbye after another. With each event, it becomes more and more real. And quite honestly, more difficult than I'd expected.

Focus had a lovely little farewell for us this afternoon with cake, and even our girls joined us. Both Derek and Terence, as well as Rick Penner (a colleague of Geof's on the CCN taskforce) shared some wonderful words with us. It has been a fantastic opportunity being part of this ministry - knowing that we have made an impact and that others have made an impact on us. We will truly miss our Focus family! What an amazing group of people!

Earlier in the day, I had the strange experience of a "practice" run at being at home . . . I did some grocery shopping and ran into Leanne at Walmart and we chatted for a bit. And I thought, "this is how life is going to be!" I am excited to be at home - try to get life figured out more routinely so that everything is like a finely-oiled machine, being more on top of things that are going on at school, starting fresh with all the organizing and sorting. But I will miss going to work each day. Yes, I will miss it.

1 comment:

Anika Lacerte | The Handcrafted Story said...

Jenny
Sorry I missed you today! I thought you would come around to say farewell. I am looking forward to reading about your adventures, so glad you started blogging!
Anika